Frequently Asked Questions - Meetings & Events
If there is anything we have not listed here, please do not hesitate to contact our Banquet Coordinator through our contact center.
Frequently Asked Questions - Meetings & Events:
- Q: DO WE NEED TO SCHEDULE TO TOUR YOUR EVENTS FACILITIES OR JUST DROP BY?
- A: To assure that we can give you a seamless tour of our events facilities, it is preferable to make an appointment prior to the visit. Please contact any of our Banquet Coordinators anytime.
- Q: HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN YOUR FACILITIES ACCOMMODATE?
- A: The Marco Polo Plaza Grand Ballroom can accommodate as many as 1,000 persons in a reception or a theatre setting. However, there are seven more banquet and conference facilities that are ready to suit the number of guests that your banquet or event involves. You may check our website under Meetings & Events which shows you the size, floor plan and maximum capacity of each of our venue facility that your event needs.
- Q: ARE ROOM ACCOMMODATIONS FREE WHEN WE BOOK AN EVENT?
- A: Room accommodations may be free depending on the Event Package that you will get. We are glad to show you Event Packages that suit your budget and particular needs.
- Q: HOW DO I RESERVE A DATE?
- A: A requirement of 50% down payment and a signed contract are necessary in order to reserve an event at Marco Polo Plaza. If payment is through check, make it payable to Asia Pacific Top Management Intl. Resources Corp. Other payment options are Cash and Bank transfers with bank details below:
Bank Name: METROBANK (Fuente Osmeña Branch)
Account Name: Asia Pacific Top Management Intl Resources Corp.
Account Number: 041-3-041513668 (Peso Savings)
041-204101778-8 (Dollar Savings)
- Q: DO WE NEED TO GET A SPECIAL INSURANCE POLICY TO HOLD AN EVENT AT MARCO POLO PLAZA?
- A: Straightforward functions and events with minimal electrical or heavy equipment requirement do not require insurance policy coverage. However, we are ready to listen and thoroughly discuss with you the specific requirements of your event to come up with necessary assessment.
- Q: DO YOU HAVE DECORATIONS AVAILABLE FOR RENTAL?
- A: We currently do not have decorations for rent but we surely can help you get in touch with our very dependable suppliers.
- Q: CAN WE BRING IN OUR OWN FOOD OR BEVERAGE? ANY CORKAGE FEES?
A: You can bring in lechon, cakes and pastries, roasted calf (chopped), wines, liquors and liqueurs. Applicable corkage fees apply.
- Q: DO YOU HAVE SPECIALIZED CHILDREN’S MEALS?
- A: Yes, we do have a special children menu that surely your kids would love!
- Q: IF WE HAVE GUESTS WITH SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS, CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE THAT?
- A: Yes we accommodate these special and necessary dietary needs. Just please coordinate with our Banquet Coordinators in advance, most preferably days before the function or event.
- Q: DO YOU GIVE OUT FOOD TASTING FOR AN ALREADY BOOKED EVENT?
- A: Yes, we will schedule a one-time food tasting once you have reserved a date and have put down a payment deposit. This is available for large events and wedding receptions only. We allow up to 3 guests in attendance after a scheduled appointment with our Banquet Coordinator. We will send you information on the food you may select for tasting.
- Q: WHEN CAN WE START TO DECORATE OUR BOOKED VENUE?
- A: Decorations can be put up as early as a day before the function or event if the venue is already available. Guaranteed schedule is 2 hours before the event.
- Q: WHAT IS THE PAYMENT SCHEDULE?
- A: IF 1 YEAR TO 5 MONTHS AWAY: 50% upon contract signing; additional deposit at least 3 months away and the balance, 2 weeks prior to the event
LESS THAN 5 MONTHS- 50% upon contract signing; additional deposit at least 2 months away and the balance, 2 weeks prior to the event
LESS THAN 2 MONTHS- 50% upon contract signing; additional deposit at least 1 month away and the balance, 2 weeks prior to the event